- Barclays Bank
- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
Quantitative Analyst, QA Prime
745 7th Avenue, New York, NY
The role is to join the newly formed QA Prime team to provide hands-on support to the Equity Financing business.
What will you be doing?
* The Quantitative Analyst will be directly accountable to the Head of the QA Prime team and to the business while at the same time adhering to the high standards of the QA Desk Strategy team in providing long term support to the rapidly growing Equity Financing business.
* The QA Prime team will work very closely with the business to develop tools to help them manage market and counterparty risk and explore revenue generation opportunities by developing tools and models and performing analyses.
* This position will report to the head of the QA Prime team and be accountable to the business.
* This hands-on role requires strong analytics skills to be able to understand and implement models and tools.
* The role requires good judgment in dealing both with short-term and longer-term projects with direct impact on the ability of the business to manage its risk and a strong drive to develop an in-depth understanding of business processes.
What we're looking for:
* Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, PhD or equivalent) in math, science, engineering, economics, finance, or related field
* 2 years of experience working with IR and/or Equity products, e.g. Libor & basis swaps, equity total return swaps and futures
* 2 years of experience building and enhancing PnL Explain/Predict frameworks
* 2 years of experience in modern programming languages (C and Python)
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Excellent knowledge and skills in mathematics and statistics
* Strong communication skills
* Strong hands-on technical skills
Where will you be working?
Barclays' U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Associated topics: ad, advertise, care, hospital, marketplace, media, principle gift, public, twitter, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...