We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we're making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we've:
* Helped more than 10,000 families get home * Financed over $2B in loans * Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans * Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we're not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We're building a world-class mortgage operations team - one that combines highly effective fulfillment processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. The right person for this role is an experienced Operations Excellence leader who is able to both operate strategically at 10,000 ft and execute tactically at 10 ft. Someone who knows what world-class operations looks like, who stays awake obsessing about throughput and cycle times, and who is itching to be the driving force behind a team that others will one day talk about.
Responsibilities will include:
* Lead an Operations Excellence team to drive continuous improvement and non-stop optimization of our fulfillment processes and systems leveraging a highly data-driven approach * Deliver on core fulfillment metrics and KPIs (e.g., throughput, cycle time, quality, cost) * Drive global standardization of management systems across mortgage operations including but not limited to reporting, audits, change management, customer experience etc. * Enable organizational development of mortgage operations team including but not limited to operating structures, compensation / incentives, leadership succession * Drive long-term strategy and key priorities for the mortgage operations team working in partnership with Head, Mortgage Operations and key stakeholders
Bonus points for:
* Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies * Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
* 7+ years of experience in operations excellence or management consulting with at least 3 years of management experience * Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues into various parts but also understand how those various parts interact with one another * Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (Familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau) * Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness * Excellent communication and relationship-building skills. * Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat. * Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously. * Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again. * Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work. * Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better. * Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands. * Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand? * Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.