- Business Insider
- $197,780.00 -197,780.00/year*
21 Warren St
Insider Inc., the parent company of Business Insider and Insider, is looking for a talented e-commerce expert to join the fast-growing Commerce team. The Commerce team offers helpful research and advice to our readers, making recommendations for the best products, services, etc. to our readers to use.
The Director of Merchandising will support our recommendation strategy by looking for ways to take the millions of products readers buy from our stories every year and put some e-commerce muscle behind it. This is a brand-new role for the team and will look to capitalize on commercially viable product categories and build new retail opportunities for the company. This role will develop the strategy for a future store experience by partnering with resources inside and outside the company to create a compelling online experience for customers. It is perfect for a self-starter who embraces change and can adjust quickly as our business continues to grow.
The role will be responsible for identifying, researching, evaluating, and presenting new business opportunities to the Commerce team leadership.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have 3-5 years of experience in buying/merchandising
* Strong knowledge of retail dynamics, competition, and trend forecasting
* Drive the overall business vision for Insider Inc.'s online marketplace and other initiatives
* Develop and execute strategy for profitable growth, including creation of a P&L that covers merchandising, inventory planning and promotion
* Construct and manage quarterly and annual revenue targets and retail sales goals
* Scout, build, and manage mutually beneficial supplier and vendor relationships
* Work closely with a variety of teams in the company through all aspects of opportunity development, including idea generation, sourcing partner targets, the business case, product/tech requirements, financial modeling, and integration
* Experience with analytics and problem solving
* Ability to think strategically while balancing competing priorities
* Have excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills
If this is the job for you, let us know by applying online!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...