US - Illinois - Chicago-US - Massachusetts - Boston-US - New York - New York-US - North Carolina - Asheville-US - North Carolina - Charlotte-US - Texas - Dallas
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division: Pharma Services Group
Location: REMOTE OFFICE (MA or NC, preferred states)
How you will make an impact?
The Director, Strategic Marketing, Pharma Services position is a senior marketing leadership role that supports one or several divisions within the Pharma Services Group (PSG) and will work across business units, service groups, and functions. This position is an upstream marketing position that drives business growth by assisting strategy development; defining, developing, and launching new service offerings; influencing demand generation campaigns; and integrating multiple service offerings across business units to create unique value for our clients. The position requires significant internal and external thought leadership, strategic marketing skills, and the ability to influence across a wide variety of functions / roles. The individual in this position should be viewed as the expert in the market, client, competition, and services for the responsible business units.
What will do you?
* In collaboration with sales and business leadership, own the responsibility for service line revenue or new business sales targets for your assigned area. * Actively participate in and lead business unit and divisional strategic planning process. * Provide critical insights and recommendations, based on external and internal assessments, that define business and market development initiatives and drive a sustainable advantage.
Independently establish and lead strategic initiatives that drive commercial success and support the overall business strategy, which includes the development and launch of new service line offerings.
* Be responsible for the successful implementation of significant business initiatives, especially those reaching across divisional and organizational boundaries, to deliver on milestones, sales targets, and other KPIs. * Recommends and executes implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy. * Develops and refreshes sales tools and drives their effective use. * Creates and delivers sales training in collaboration with other functions to ensure that the strategic initiatives are understood and delivered across the organization. * Interacts with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders including direct client communication and public presentation.
How will you get here?
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), pharmaceutical, healthcare, or medical device industries in marketing, product management, sales, and technical roles * Fundamental knowledge of bioproduction processes * Significant strategic marketing, product marketing, or product management experience (upstream marketing) in a CDMO, pharmaceutical, healthcare, or medical device company * Sales experience desired - direct interaction with a sales organization is required * Bachelor of Science degree in related science or engineering field is required. Master of Science or PhD degrees are highly desired: Chemistry - Biochemistry - Bioprocess Engineering - Chemical Engineering * MBA is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Product marketing and product management (upstream / strategic marketing) skills including the launch of new products. * Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking. Must be creative and possess ability to have a \"big picture\" viewpoint.
Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Independently identifies problems, answer questions, and gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
* Executive presence. * Adept at distilling and communicating complex concepts in simple terms verbally and visually. Excellent communication and presentation skills. * Displays a solid understanding of the bioprocessing technology, industry, and market - is viewed as an expert and can turn market insights into actions for business. * Has succeeded in cross-functional, matrix organizations with minimal supervision. * Direct and relational leadership skills. * Project management skills and advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (i.e. pivot table) skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.