About UsTory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Executive Chairman, Tory Burch. The collection, known for color, print and eclectic details, includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, home and beauty. Art, music, travel, interiors and the designer's own stylish parents are inspirations for the collection. Our company launched in February 2004 with a single boutique on what was then a remote street in downtown Manhattan. Today, we are a global brand with a presence in more than 50 countries, but in many ways we are only just beginning. There is so much we want to do! Brand integrity, global inspiration and beautiful products are integral to who we are as a company and what we have accomplished to date. Our incredible team is an equally important part of the equation. We believe that each of our employees play a vital role in our continuing efforts to grow and evolve. Overview
As a Tory Burch District Manager (DM) you are in a unique position to develop and coach your teams, expand our customer base and influence the business in a tight geographic market that includes six or more stores. The role requires the ability to engage with your teams and customers, coupled with the ability to think strategically with vision around driving your business to the next level?and everything in between.
A successful DM will demonstrate the ability to objectively assess the current state of the business through multiple sources- financials, customer feedback, employee performance, morale, etc. and find ways to improve all fronts with creativity, hard work and leadership. Ideal candidates will consistently demonstrate a customer focus, role model collaboration and operation excellence and will excel at identifying, managing and developing top talent.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
* Has a clear vision for and understanding of the business, culture and operations * Holds self and team accountable for the achievement of financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business
o Average Transaction
o Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual targets
* Monitor store productivity, profitability & payroll budgets and develops long-range goals & objectives accordingly to maximize the business * Represent your GMs perspective in product buying & allocation according to your customer demographic & business potential * Provides actionable feedback to increase business opportunities through product placement in your market * Ensures execution of all pricing strategies to achieve strong gross margins * Runs business with agility, changing direction & continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned
Leadership & People Management
* Lead by taking calculated risks, championing break through ideas and cultivating a broad network to rally support and manage through change, always partnering with your Regional Director to ensure alignment of goals and priorities across your stores and the larger region * Practice proactive talent management - including succession planning and development of internal talent for future roles * Anticipate manpower & capability needs by building a world-class talent pool both for open roles & proactively for the future, through your own hiring practices, and by instilling high hiring standards at the store level * Ensure that your team is diverse & reflective of your customer demographic * Set clear performance standards and hold people accountable * Motivate your teams to be energetic, enthusiastic and high performing and ensure proactive retention of key talent * Assess and educate GM's in all areas of their responsibility, ensuring their development through challenging assignments, stretch goals and cross-functional collaboration * Provide top-notch feedback and coaching that encourages a mindset of \"continuous improvement\"; this includes celebrating success and giving clear constructive feedback when necessary * Empower GMs in decision making processes, by integrating different perspectives and driving to solutions * Serve as a sounding board and trusted, objective party so teams feel free to come forward and discuss any issues or challenges they may have * Manage employee relations issues in a calm, fact-based manner in conjunction with your corporate partner as necessary * Serve as a conduit for key messages and important information so that stores stay informed, to share best-practices and create peer networks and so that the store perspective is well-represented within the region and with corporate partners * Communicate clearly and navigate ambiguity to share knowledge, information and experience with GM's, peers and customers * Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth
Enable the Customer Experience
* Stay engaged with and provide coaching to your stores to ensure that they are delivering on our vision of transformational customer experiences * Be able to diagnose and provide resources to your stores that will help increase the productivity of the selling environment, including but not limited to selling skills and/or customer service * Partner with your Regional Director to ensure that the assortment strategy for your market is aligned with the needs of the business
Build the Brand
* Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude * Ensure that the Tory Burch aesthetic is maintained across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment * Ensure all stores in the market are merchandised according to visual guidelines and hold store teams accountable to the standards
* Review operational reports and records to ensure compliance with the core operational policies & procedures and provide coaching & feedback to help stores improve as necessary * Ensure stores are practicing disciplined management of expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies and other expenses in a business-focused manner * Work with your GMs to ensure consistent enforcement of our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork * Protects market assets and ensures compliance with Loss Prevention practices to control shrink and manage inventory * Provide feedback to retail leadership and corporate partners when a policy or procedure is difficult to manage or enforce and/or with ideas for improvement * Ensure maintenance of stores physical appearance and cleanliness * Partner with Regional Director to manage new store openings in your region/market with a coordinated and planned approach, driving alignment between all stakeholders
* 5-10 years retail management experience, previous multi-store management experience preferred * A genuine enthusiasm about the fashion industry and product * Proven ability to drive sales and motivate teams through honesty, kindness, passion, humility, integrity, compassion, excellence and humor (all of our values) * Ability to be agile and change course when necessary * Excellent communication skills
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact ...@toryburch.com.
Associated topics: ceo, chief executive, evp, executive, general management, general manager, manager ii, regional manager, regional vice president, state president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.